THE Department of Health (DOH) is set to give P351.2 million to the Provincial Government for the development and expansion of 12 Iloilo hospitals.
The funds will be used to construct additional support facilities and equipment for clinical and nursing services, according to a proposed health facility enhancement program.
From the P351.2-million additional budget of the P700-million allocation of the province, P142.2-million will be used in 2014 while the remaining P209-million will be for 2015.
The financial plans for 2014 are the following:
1. Representative Pedro Trono Memorial Hospital in Guimbal (P9.9 million)
2. Aleosan District Hospital in Alimodian (P2.1 million)
3. Iloilo Provincial Hospital in Pototan (P29.9 million)
4. Ramon Tabiana Memorial District Hospital in Cabatuan (P13.2 million)
5. Representative Ricardo Y. Ladrido Memorial Hospital in Lambunao (P17.2 million)
6. Don Ricardo Provido Sr. Memorial District Hospital in Calinog (P2.3 million)
7. Frederico Roman Tirador Memorial District Hospital in Janiuay (P42 million)
8. Jesus M. Colmenares Memorial District Hospital in Balasan (P7.7 million)
9. Sara District Hospital in Sara (P16.5 million)
10. Rural health unit of Guimbal (P1 million)
Meanwhile, the budget for 2015 will be spent for the following:
1. Representative Pedro Trono Memorial Hospital (P6 million)
2. Ricardo Y. Ladrido Memorial Hospital (P25 million)
3. Ricardo Provido Sr. Memorial District Hospital (P15 million)
4. Iloilo Provincial Hospital (P56 million)
5. Don Valeriano Palmares Memorial District Hospital in Passi City (P15 million)
6. Dumangas District Hospital (P17 million)
7. Barotac Viejo District Hospital (P30 million)
8. Jesus M. Colmenares Memorial District Hospital (P15 million)
The construction work for these projects will include the expansion of wards, emergency rooms and other clinical and ancillary services.
There is also an ongoing expansion and procurement of additional equipment for the Iloilo Provincial Hospital (P29.5 million) and the repair of the Barotac Viejo District Hospital (P10 million), Aleosan District Hospital (P10 million) and Representative Pedro Trono Memorial Hospital (30-million). (PR)