Antique records first person under investigation of novel coronavirus
Provincial Health Office (PHO) of Antique confirmed that there is one person under investigation (PUI) for novel Coronavirus Acute Respiratory Disease (2019-nCov ARD) in the province.
In an official statement released on Monday, Antique PHO said that the is a 29-year-old male seafarer and a resident of Hamtic, Antique.
The patient went home to Antique last January 31, but had been suffering fom flu-like symptoms since January 23. He consulted a physician on February 3 and admitted to hospital in the province.
Currently, he is under quarantine in a hospital and is in good condition. Needed specimen (Nasopharyngeal and Oropharyngeal Swabs) will be collected for laboratory confirmation to the Research Institute for Tropical medicine (RITM) in Alabang. Muntinlupa City.
Antique PHO ‘urged everyone to remain vigilant at all times.’
“Let us continue to practice good personal hygiene and adopt a healthy lifestyle. Furthermore. we advise all individuals with history of travel from other countries with recorded nCoV ARD cases to coordinate with their respective Local Health Units for appropriate guidance,” PHO said in a statement.
Meanwhile, Department of Health Regional Office 6 said that the 3-year-old Chinese who was under investigation for 2019-nCov ARD in Western Visayas Medical Center tested negative for the disease.
DOH-6 also reported that the total PUIs is now at eight, and four of them were already tested negative of 2019-nCov ARD.