Department of Health Center for Health Development in Western Visayas announced the hiring of registered nurses to be deployed as Disease Surveillance Officers (DSOs) all over the region.
In a Notice of Job Vacancy posted online, DOH said that it needs 28 Job Hires for the mentioned position, with salary of Php 26,779.20 monthly.
Areas of assignment will be the following: 6 DSOs each for Iloilo Province and Negros Occidental, 5 DSOs in DOH WV CHD-RESU, 2 DSOs each for Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Bacolod, Iloilo City, and 1 DSO for Guimaras.
To qualify, applicants must be Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing, a licensed nurse, and should have advanced computer skills and very good written and verbal communication skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform routine disease surveillance activities such as data collection, organization, analysis and dissemination of surveillance data, in coordination with the ESU and RESU Staff.
2. Ensure correctness and completeness of the information provided in the Case Investigation Form (CIF) and Case Report Form (CRF).
3. Manage to maintain and generate the COVID Kaya sysem.
4. Ensure to encode and consolidate the COVID-19 Case Investigation Form (CIF) on COVID-19 Database.
5. Update laboratory results encoded in the PIDSR and COVID-KAYA System.
6. Assist Provincial and City DSO in the conduct of ILI and SARI Surveillance.
7. AssistRESU and ESU Staff in the conduct of outbreak investigation and special disease surveillance activities.
8. Maintain PIDSR, ESR logbooks for filing and captured health events.
9. Submit weekly disease surveillance report and immediate reporting of epidemics and other essential information to DOH-WV CHD through RESU and DMOs.
10. Facilitate immediate sending of Event-based Surveilance Repot (ESR) to RESU within 24 hours of notification.
11. Assist in facilitating, securing and sending of specimen for laboratory confirmation and examination.
12. Follow-up laboratory results of cases for confirmation.
13. Submit monthly accomplishment report and daily time record duly signed by the RESU and DMO.
14. Ensure to conduct hospital rounds in all Disease Reporting Units including RHUs and hospitals.
15. Utilize and maintains PIDSR database implemented by RESU.
16. Attend official meetings, conferences and seminars in connection with RESU and other DOH-WV CHD activities.
17. Perform other functions as directed by the RO6 Director, RESU Head and DMOs.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit letter of application not later than June 25, 2020 and attached pertinent documents to:
MARLYN W. CONVOCAR, MD, MPH, CESO III
Director IV, DOH-CHD WV
Q. Abeto St., Mandurriao, Iloilo City