Department of Health in Western Visayas announced that they are now in need of 110 nurses to work as disease surveillance officers in the region. Accepted nurses will receive salary of SG 11 or P22,316 monthly.
In a Notice of Vacancy posted online, DOH Region 6 detailed that these disease surveillance officers will be assigned as Job Hire in provinces of Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Iloilo, Guimaras, Negros Occidental; and highly-urbanized cities of Iloilo and Bacolod.
For qualifications, applicants must be a registered nurse (graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing and licensed by Professional Regulation Commission), with advanced computer skills, and have very good written and verbal communication skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Perform routine disease surveillance activities such as data collection, encoding, analysis and dissemination of surveillance data, in coordination wth the ESY and RESU staff.
2. To collect and complete the information required in the COVID-19 Case Investigation Form (CIF) ad other surveillance documents required in the COVID KAYA.
3. To do coordinate with the appropriate hospital personnel/authority to ensure completeness of data being collected by the CIF.
4. To perform data entry to ensure efficient and timely generation of COVID-19 data.
5. To report to the RESU any challenges in data collection for CHDs to properly address these concerns with respective hospital;
6. Encode Datasets or equivalent.
7. Perform other related functions assigned by the RESU Head.
8. Other technical outputs as may assigned.
If interested and qualified, you may submit Application Letter, PDS, PRC ID/Board Rating, Transcript, Diploma on or before July 10, 2020, 12nn or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address letter to:
MARLYN W. CONVOCAR, MD, MPH, CESO III
Director IV, DOH-CHD WV
Q. Abeto St., Mandurriao, Iloilo City