Cebu Pacific announces that Iloilo City, Bacolod City, Cagayan de Oro, and Maguindanao are now included in the destinations in its network that have simplified travel requirements and do not require RT-PCR or Antigen testing.
The other six destinations were Butuan, Cebu province, Guimaras, Negros Occidental, Pagadian, and Tacloban.
Cagayan de Oro currently asks travelers to register to S-Pass (https://s-pass.ph), OPCOorS (services.cagayandeoro.gov.ph/cdotabangtravelers), and contact tracing QR codes Higala and StaySafe.PH prior to entry.
Travelers bound for Cebu Province will only need to present a medical certificate issued within 24 hours before arrival in Cebu, stating that they do not exhibit symptoms of COVID-19.
Pagadian City-bound travelers are only required to present a valid government-issued ID, which states their address is in Pagadian City, while transiting passengers do not need to present any requirement.
“We are happy that more LGUs are gradually opening up their borders and have simplified travel requirements. These are positive indicators in the progress of our nation’s fight against COVID, and we look forward to other places following suit,” said Candice Iyog, Vice President for Marketing and Customer Experience at Cebu Pacific. “Let us continue to work together to champion convenient and safe travel within our country,” added Iyog.
The other destinations – Butuan, Guimaras, Maguindanao, Negros Occidental (including Bacolod City), and Tacloban – accept vaccination cards of fully-vaccinated persons as travel requirement for entry. A passenger is considered fully-vaccinated at least 14 days after having received the second dose in a two-dose series, or at least 14 days after having received a single-dose vaccine.
Iloilo City on October 16 will start accepting vaccination card of fully-vaccinated travelers as a requirement.
Here are the other requirements for the five provinces aside from the vaccination card:
- Negros Occidental – Travel coordination permit (TCP) from S-Pass and complete registration to StaySafe.ph
- Bacolod – online BacTrac registration, online Health Declaration, S-Pass Travel Coordination Permit, and a valid personal ID.
- Iloilo City – S-Pass Registration
- Guimaras – TCP from S-Pass
- Butuan – TCP from S-Pass, and upload a valid, government-issued ID on the system. For a passenger bound for cities or municipalities outside Butuan City, he/she must show approved Travel Pass-Through Permit (TPP) from S-Pass.
- Maguindanao – valid ID and travel order for APORs
- Tacloban – Passenger must register under the Balik Tacloban Project through www.baliktacloban.tacloban.gov.ph. A passenger bound for Tacloban may also present certification of Quarantine Completion with vaccination status in securing the Acceptance Letter when travelling to Tacloban City
Travelers are strongly urged to always check with the LGU of their destination for the latest updates.
CEB will provide updates on travel requirements via http://bit.ly/CEBTravelRequirements as soon as we receive them. The country’s leading airline also assures that it continues to comply with health protocols set by the government.
CEB has been rated 7/7 stars by airlineratings.com for its COVID-19 compliance as it continues to implement a multi-layered approach to safety, in accordance with global aviation standards. These include daily extensive cleaning and disinfection protocols for all aircraft and facilities, antigen testing before duty for all frontliners and crew members, and contactless flight procedures. Its jet fleet is equipped with hospital grade HEPA air filters, keeping viruses at bay.
*Info as of October 14, 2021