Start your passionate pursuit for the sweetest of all mangoes with the Mango-Eat-All-You-Can Activity on May 14-22, 2016 at the Guimaras Provincial Capitol Grounds, San Miguel, Municipality of Jordan.
An activity spearheaded by the Provincial Office for Agricultural Services, the Mango Eat All You Can is among the many highlights and sought after events in the Guimaras Manggahan Festival 2016.
Joining is easy. If you are interested, here’s are the mechanics:
1. Register between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. at the designated registration area. One may also register between 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Registration fee is P80.
2. Each participant is allocated 30 minutes to eat as much mangoes as he/she can.3. Eating with one’s bare hands is encouraged. If the participant wishes to use a spoon or knife, he/she should be the one to provide it for himself/herself.
4. To request for an additional serving, the participant shall raise one’s hand.
5. The participants with the most kilograms of mango consumed for each day will be notified to return on the 22nd of May to participate in the contest proper. Only those who used his/her bare hands when eating will qualify in the contest.
6. Participants cannot take-out the unconsumed mangoes.
How to Join for Free
One will also get the chance to join for free. Not later than May 2, those interested can post their best Guimaras Manggahan Experience photo on the Guimaras Manggahan Festival Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GuimarasManggahanFestival/and tag and mention the said page.
Ten winners will be chosen. Each winner will receive one free pass to the Mango-Eat-All-You-Can and one Manggahan Festival 2016 souvenir item.
Why Eat Mangoes?
There are actually several benefits of eating mangoes. Some of them are asthma, prostate and colon cancer prevention (due to beta-carotene), bone health (vitamin K), diabetes prevention (high-fiber), prevents heart disease (fiber and potassium) and skin and hair health (vitamin A).
Those coming from Iloilo City who would like to join can take the ferry from the Ortiz Wharf as the ferry goes directly to the Jordan Wharf. From the Jordan Wharf, take a jeepney or tricycle going to the Provincial Capitol.
So, don’t hold that appetite for Guimaras’ world-class mangoes back. Join the Guimaras Manggahan Festival’s Mango-Eat-All-You-Can on May 14 to 22, 2016.