The Iloilo Paraw Regatta 2014 is scheduled on February 16 -23, 2014, and the city government has started the preparation by signing the memorandum of agreement of the annual festival.
Paraw Regatta, the oldest traditional craft event in Asia, and the largest sailing event in the Philippines, is now on it 42nd year. Thousands of local and international tourists participate in the activities, highlighted by the thirty-kilometer race of the colorful ‘paraws’ in Villa Beach, Arevalo on Sunday finale.
Iloilo Paraw Regatta Foundation Inc. (IPRFI) organizes the week-long festivities in cooperation with city government and the Department of Tourism.
Paraw Regatta 2014 schedule
– Seafood festival on February 15-16;
– Slalom competition at Tatoy’s, Villa on February 16;
– Photo exhibit by the Photo Artists’ League of Iloilo on February 17;
– Presentation of Miss Iloilo Paraw Regatta on February 17;
– Miss Paraw Regatta Talent Competition, February 18;
– Miss Paraw Festival Costume, February 19;
– Miss Paraw Evening Gown and Public Speaking Competitions, February 20;
– Grand Coronation Night, February 21 at West Visayas State University;
– Deep-Sea Fishing Competition by Panay Anglers Association,
– Rapid Chess Tournament,
– Frisbee Exhibition Games,
– Men’s Beach Football
– Pinta de Layag sailing competition and “Pintawo” body-painting contest on February 23.
Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog and IPRFI Chairman Manuel Villa Jr. signed the MOA for the management of the Paraw Regatta 2014.
“We are one with IPRFI in ensuring a successful staging of the festival as we strengthen our promotion of sports tourism in our city,” Mayor Jed said.