West Visayas State University, one of the best schools in the country, has announced the schedule of its entrance examination or the College of Admission Test (CAT) for academic year 2015-2016.
WVSU Entrance Exam is open to all graduate/graduating students from general/vocational secondary schools recognized by the Department of Education, and is administered in Main Campus and other designated testing sites.
WVSU CAT schedule
1st Batch: October 19, 2014 – 8:00 to 10:00AM; Deadline of application: October 10, 2014
2nd Batch: December 21, 2014 – 8:00 to 10:00AM; Deadline of application: December 13, 2014
Guidelines and Requirements
1. The WVSUCAT is open to all graduates/graduating students of general and vocational secondary schools recognized by the Department of Education.
2. Accomplished application forms and other requirements should be submitted/mailed to the Admissions/Registrar’s Office, West Visayas State University, La Paz, Iloilo City (Main Campus).
3. NON-REFUNDABLE Application Filing Fee of P20.00 and WVSUCAT Testing Fee of P 230.00 will be paid by each applicant. For mailed application forms, enclose money order (P250.00) payable to WVSU – FUND 164 and two (2) self-addressed stamped long white envelopes (Note: P24.00 postage stamp each) to be used for Notice of Admission for mailed application and WVSUCAT result. Applicants who do not receive their Notice of Admission are advised to check with the Admissions/Registrar’s Office immediately.
4. The following are to be submitted together with the duly accomplished application form:
a. PHOTOCOPY of high school report card duly certified or authenticated by the Principal/Registrar for applicants who have already graduated or a photocopy of the latest grading-period report card for those who are graduating in March 2015.
b. Two recent identical passport ( 2×2 ) pictures duly signed at the back by the applicant.
c. PHOTOCOPY of the applicant’s birth certificate. ORIGINAL birth certificates are NOT COLLECTED during the application filing.
d. One (1) self-addressed stamped (P24.00 postage stamp) long white mailing envelope (for applicants who personally submit CAT application form). Mailed application form must be accompanied with two (2) self-addressed stamped envelopes with P24.00 postage stamp each.
5. Only those applicants who reach the cut-off score required by the College where they are to be admitted will be permitted to take the Aptitude or Qualifying Test administered by the College. They should further satisfy other requirements of the College.
6. Applicants who do not qualify for their chosen program may confer with the Admissions Office for possible accommodation in other programs and in the external campuses.
7. The WVSU-CAT will be administered on December 21, 2014 (Sunday from 8:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.) at the WVSU Main Campus, La Paz, Iloilo City.
8. Application forms for the WVSUCAT in the WVSU external campuses will be facilitated by their respective registrars on later dates.
You may pay for WVSUCAT through any of the following:
WVSU Main Campus Cashier’s Office
WVSU Administrative Building
Bank Deposit TO DBP-MAIN
ACCOUNT NAME: WVSU-FUND 164
ACCOUNT NO: 0755-009630-030
SM ILOILO BILLS PAYMENT CENTERS (PLEASE PRESENT YOUR APPLICATION FORM)
SM City Iloilo
SAVEMORE Quintin Salas
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please present your proof of payment (deposit slip/SM validation slip) upon submission of your application form to the Registrar’s Office.
WVSU graduates consistently top the PRC Board Examinations, especially in nursing (NLE) and education (LET). Take the entrance exam, and be a student of one of the top schools in the country!