West Visayas State University (WVSU) in Iloilo City is the top nursing school in the Philippines, and St. Paul University Iloilo (SPUI) is top 15, based on the last two nursing board exam given by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
WVSU and SPUI were included in the top 21 nursing schools cited by the House of Representatives’ committee on higher and technical education on the exceptional performance of their graduates.
Committee chairman Rep. Roman Romulo of Pasig City identified the outstanding nursing colleges as follows, with the percentage of their examinees passing the licensure tests enclosed in brackets:
Top Nursing Schools in the Philippines
- West Visayas State University-La Paz (100%)
- Cebu Normal College (100%)
- University of the Philippines-Manila (100%)
- Chinese General Hospital Colleges (99.30%)
- Saint Paul University-Tuguegarao (99.28%)
- Benguet State University-La Trinidad (99.15%)
- University of Santo Tomas (99.04%)
- Trinity University of Asia (98.95%)
- Saint Paul University-Dumaguete (98.36%)
- Xavier University-Cagayan de Oro (98.15%)
- Velez College-Cebu (98.01%)
- Cebu City Medical Center (97.06%)
- Saint Paul University-Manila (96.23%)
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (95.45%)
- Saint Paul University-Iloilo (94.74%)
- University of Saint Louis-Tuguegarao (94.52%)
- Remedios T. Romualdez Medical Foundation (94.51%)
- Saint Louis University-Baguio (93.33%)
- San Pedro College-Davao (89.41%)
- Southern Luzon State University-Lucban (88.61%)
- Saint Mary’s University-Bayombong (88.15%)
Romulo said the 21 schools were the only ones “with 50 or more examinees and with at least 80 percent of their examinees passing” the nurse licensure tests.
“We are making this list public to enable consumers of nursing education –- prospective nursing students and their parents –- to make a sound choice as to where they will most likely get the best value for their hard earned tuition money,” Romulo said.