A student of Central Philippine University (CPU) was recently named among Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines (TOSP) this 2021!
In a virtual ceremony held on Wednesday, Centralian John Elmer Loretizo was announced as one of the awardees of the 57th Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines.
Graduated as Magna Cum Laude in Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Loretizo aims to champion technological enhancement in the country. This is evidenced by his involvement by empowering senior high schools students to be knowledgeable in the basics of Arduino, a technology behind embedded and automated systems. He introduced the basics of Arduino robotics to students in the hope that one day kids will be able to provide ingenious solutions to day-to-day problems.
Aside from being a student leader, Loretizo is also a Grand Prize Winner of 2017 National Geographic Asia’s Everyday Genius Award, Top 10 Jose Rizal Model Students, and Best Delegate in Asia Youth International Model. He is also a national awardee of GMA Network Excellence Award – Technology-Based Category.
57th Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines
- Lee Edson Yarcia – Juris Doctor, UP Diliman
- Austin Miguel Ogad – BS Entrerprenuership, St Louis University (Cum Laude)
- Sarah Joy Simblante – BS Second Education, University of St. La Salle (Magna Cum Laude)
- Ivan Christopher Cordevilla – BS Biology, Foundation University (Cum Laude)
- Rose Jade Delgado – BA Foreign Service, Lyceum University of Manila (Magna Cum Laude)
- Reynalene Rose Ceynas – BS Elemenary Education, St Paul University – Dumaguete (Magna Cum Laude)
- John Elmer Loretizo – BS Software Engineering, Central Philippine University (Magna Cum Laude)
- Kimberly Siazar – BS Secondary Education, Southern Christian College (Magna Cum Laude)
- Eugene Dadol – BS Secondary Education, University of San Carlos – Talamban (Magna Cum Laude)
- Marvin Pamisa – BS Development Communication, Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan
Two Iloilo students also made it to the list of 30 finalists: Jan Christian Española, a cum laude graduate of Accountancy in CPU, and Michael Angelo Dejando, a magna cum laude graduate of Bachelor of Secondary Education, Major in Physical Science student of West Visayas State University.
TOSP is one of the most prestigious awards for Filipino students, founded by RFM Corporation in 1961.
The program recognizes young role models of the country who have personified academic excellence, exemplary leadership and deep sense of social responsibility, all anchored in good moral values.