The Department of Health (DOH) announced on Monday, March 23 that there are 83 additional patients infected with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This is the highest single-day increase recorded by the health department.
At around 12 noon today, DOH Assistant Secretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said in an interview over CNN Philippines that there are 16 new cases of fatal disease bringing the total to 396. Another 66 more were recorded this afternoon for a total of 462, Vergeire said in a DOH virtual presser around 4PM.
Also, the number of deaths rose to 33, and 18 patients have recovered from the disease.
In Western Visayas, DOH Center for Health Development VI said that there are no new cases. The confirmed cases remain at 2, with 161 persons under investigation (PUIs). Eighty-two yield negative results, 63 currently admitted in various hospitals, and 33 were managed on out-patient basis.
For updates on previously-reported confirmed cases, the first positive case in Bacolod City labeled as PH267 is now stable with improved status with no more signs and symptoms.
The second positive case who hails from Guimbal, Iloilo is currently in critical condition, intubated and in mechanical support.