ILOILO CITY- The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Region 6 is all set to administer the 2014 Science and Technology Undergraduate Scholarship Exam on Sunday, September 22, 2013.
A total of 2, 924 aspiring senior high school students will take the exam to be qualified as DOST scholars for next school year. Of the said number, 991 came from Iloilo, 194 from Antique, 368 from Capiz, 409 from Aklan, 849 from Negros Occidental, 103 from Guimaras and 10 from outside Western Visayas.
The exams will be conducted in 15 testing centers all over the region. The list of venues below:
2014 DOST Scholarship Exam testing centers
- Uy Building, CPU;
- Loreto D. Tupas Building, CPU;
- Conference Room, CPU;
- Engineering Building, CPU;
- Multi-Purpose Hall, Iloilo National High School;
- Guimbal Central Elementary School; and,
- Mini Theatre, Northern Iloilo Polytechnic State College (NIPSC)
- Covered Gym, TUP;
- Engineering Building, TUP;
- Extension Building, TUP;
- Room (EBR), TUP;
- Jose B. Puey Elementary School; and
- Esteban R. Abada Memorial School (ERAMS) West
Aklan: The Joselito Alba Vocational and Technical School, Inc.
Antique: St. Anthony’s College (SAC)
Capiz: Social Hall of Capiz State University (CapSU)
Guimaras: Guimaras State College.
Students may get their test permits on September 16-20 at DOST VI Regional Office and Provincial Science and Technology Centers (PSTCs) nearest them.
DOST Scholarship Exam passers will enjoy scholarship privileges such as tuition fee, monthly stipend, book allowance, among others.