At least 80 students from Iloilo Doctors’ College – School of Dentistry fell ill on Saturday apparently due to food poisoning after attending an acquaintance party.
|One of the students admitted at The Medical City. Photo by Jasmin Ubial Ruelo.|
Based on initial reports, the students felt dizzy and started vomiting a day after eating siomai and carbonara, among others, at the party organized by the student council.
Most of the students were admitted at Iloilo Doctors’ Hospital, while some were confined at other hospitals around the city.
Officials of Iloilo Doctor College have yet to issue their official statement on the incident.
No information yet on who handled the food catering services at the party.