The Heritage Conservation Society, City Government of Iloilo City, and Iloilo City Cultural Heritage Conservation Council (ICCHCC) bring you the Heritage Conservation Summit 2014: Revitalizing Old Downtowns from October 24-26, 2014 in Iloilo City.
The Summit, which is being organized for the third time, has adopted the theme “Revitalizing Old Downtowns.” It is aimed at bringing together a wide spectrum of participants representing national government, local government units, local historical and heritage societies, academe, heritage conservation practitioners and allied professionals, architects, planners & real estate developers, the tourism industry, and the media.
Its primary objective is to discuss and exchange knowledge on revitalizing old downtown areas and best practices in heritage conservation in historic old quarters and districts in the Philippines, its recent developments and the challenges and opportunities faced in the conservation of heritage. The presentations will include successful experiences of local government units and community conservation groups in revitalizing their historic downtown areas.
On-site registration is Php 2,000 inclusive of conference kits and meals.
Pre-register by Wednesday, September 26, 2014, to avail of discounted rates:
Php 1,700 for professionals and government
Php 1,500 for HCS members in good standing, masteral students with ID, or group discount (minimum of 8)
Php 500 for undergraduate students with ID
Please issue check payments to “Heritage Conservation Society.” Cash or check payments could be deposited to BPI C/A No. 8105-8153-61, BPI MH del Pilar Branch. Remember to e-mail your deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org and keep the original deposit slip which you have to submit on the day of the summit.
Schedule of Activities
October 24, 2014
- 9am – Heritage Tour of Iloilo Province (Optional/Booking Required)
- 1-5pm – Adaptive Reuse Workshop for Iloilo Heritage Building Owners (Tentative)
- 6pm – Welcome Dinner (By Invitation)
October 25, 2014
Heritage Conservation Summit 2014
- 8:30am – Registration
- 9:00am – Welcome Remarks – Gemma Cruz-Araneta, Chairperson, Heritage Conservation Society
- 9:10am – Opening Address – Ivan Anthony S. Henares, President, Heritage Conservation Society
- 9:20am – Keynote Address – Hon. Jed Patrick E. Mabilog, City Mayor, Iloilo City
- 9:40am – FAQs on RA No. 10066 – Atty. Karen Lucille M. Isberto, Head, NCCA NCMS
- 10:00am – Coffee Break
- 10:15am – Case Study: Escolta, Manila (Revitalization of Historic Business District)
- 11:00am – Case Study: Calle Real, Iloilo City (Revitalization of Historic Business District) – Dr. Kristin G. Treñas, President, Iloilo City Cultural Heritage Conservation Council (ICCHCC)
- 11:45am – Open Forum
- 12:00pm – Lunch Break
- 1:00pm – Case Study: Taal, Batangas (Revitalization of Historic Town) – Mr. Ernesto Villavicencio, President, Taal Active Alliance Legion
- 1:45pm – Case Study: Angeles City, Pampanga (Removal of Street Wires in Historic Center)
- 2:30pm – Coffee Break
- 2:45pm – Creating Style Guides for Heritage Districts – Dr. Fernando Zialcita, Institute of Philippine Culture, Ateneo de Manila Univeristy
- 3:30pm – Round Table Discussion on Revitalizing Old Downtowns / Moderator – Archt. Manolo LC. Noche / Panel – Archt. Paulo Alcazaren, Iloilo City Mayor Jed Patrick E. Mabilog, ICCHCC President Dr. Kristin G. Treñas, Archt. Joy Martinez-Onozawa, etc.
- 4:30pm – Mapping Iloilo: Geotagging and Promoting Pride of Place in the Digital Age
- 5:00pm – Closing Message
October 26, 2014
- 9am – Heritage Tour of Iloilo City (Optional/Booking Required)
Book your tickets now to Iloilo City and help conserve, restore and revitalize our old downtowns!! E-mail email@example.com to register!