Street & Documentary Photographers – Iloilo (SDPI) invites everyone to join Kalye Ilonggo – A Photograpic Journey, a street photography exhibit at Museo Iloilo on July 3-16, 2015.
Kalye Ilonggo is the first public exhibit of SDPI, a group of photographers based in Iloilo City which aims to promote street photography as a unique form of visual art.
The exhibit will feature 60 prints in color and black & white of highly esteemed street photographers Rey Bayona, Greg Delos Reyes, Lucille Detoyato, Leofil Durana, Alan Fajardo, Jay Gadong, Dennis Gamarcha, Israel Gonzalez, Meryl Puljanan Hiso, Jon Japitana, Izanor Lyn Javier, Vernan Jagunap, Jonathan Jurilla, Emmanuel Lerona, Christian Lozañes, Alfredo Nathaniel Marte, Ira Pahila, Ruperto Quitag, Nelson Rondan, JP Sarsoza, and Joy Sumagaysay.
Opening and reception program will be at 5:00PM of July 3, while public viewing starts July 4 until July 16, 8:00-5:00PM.
Aside from the exhibit, Kalye Ilonggo will also have a series of artist interaction and lectures dubbed as “Istorya Kuris-Kuris”, Here are the topics and schedule:
- July 4, 1:00 pm – Street Photography Workshop with Rommel Bundalian (Limited slots, register here)
- July 5, 6:00 am – Photowalk with Rommel Bundalian
- July 6, 1:00 pm – “Kalyegraphy: SP 101” with Jonathan Jurilla
- 2:00 pm – “SP: From Bresson to Bacani” with Nelson Rondan
- July 7, 1:00 pm – “SP Survival Guide: Conquer Your Fear” with JP Sarsoza
- 2:00 pm – “Dealing with People in the Streets” with Emmanuel Lerona
- July 8, 1:00 pm – “SP Approaches & Techniques” with Israel Gonzalez
- 2:00 pm – Art & Photography with Alfredo Nathaniel Marte.
Kalye Ilonggo is made possible by Museo Iloilo, Fujifilm Philippines, and the UPV Chancellor’s Committee on Culture & the Arts. For more information, you may visit Kalye Ilonggo official Facebook page here.