Typhoon Ursula is maintaining its strength while moving generally westward off the coast of Capiz, Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said in its latest severe weather bulletin issued 8AM of December 25, 2019.
Pagasa said that at 7:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon Ursula was located based on all available data including Iloilo Doppler Radar at 30 km Northwest of Roxas City, Capiz or 95 km South Southeast of Romblon, Romblon (11.8°N, 122.6°E).
It is moving West at 20 km/h with maximum sustained winds of up to 140 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 195 km/h.
This puts Northern Iloilo in Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3, together with northern Antique, Capiz and Aklan. The rest of Iloilo is at Signal No. 2.
Pagasa reported that the eyewall of Typhoon Ursula is bringing very destructive winds and intense rainfall over southwestern Masbate, Aklan, Capiz, northern Antique, northeastern Iloilo, and Romblon. The southern portion of Mindoro Provinces will be affected by the eyewall in the coming hours. In case of the passage of the eye in some of the aforementioned areas, calm conditions will be experienced. However, as soon as the eye moves out of the area, violent conditions associated with the eyewall will resume.
Heavy Rainfall Outlook
• Until tonight: Occasional to frequent heavy with intermittent intense rains over Masbate, northern Negros Provinces, Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Iloilo, Guimaras, Romblon, Calamian Islands, Cuyo Islands, and Mindoro Provinces. Light to moderate rains with isolated heavy rainshowers during thunderstorms over Bicol Region, rest of Visayas, CALABARZON, Metro Manila, Marinduque, Aurora and the northern portion of mainland Palawan.
• Residents in these areas are advised to take appropriate measures to reduce the potential impact of flooding and rain-induced landslides, especially in areas identified to be highly to very highly susceptible to these hazards.
Onset of Tropical Cyclone Winds
• Moderate to strong winds to begin affecting the northern portion of Palawan and most of CALABARZON this morning; Metro Manila and Bataan between this morning and afternoon.
• Damaging gale to storm-force winds to begin affecting Calamian Islands and Cuyo Islands this morning.
• Destructive typhoon-force winds to begin affecting Mindoro Provinces between this morning and afternoon; Calamian islands between this afternoon and evening.
Other Hazards and Warning Information
• Rough sea conditions will prevail over the seaboards of areas under TCWS, as well the seaboards of Aurora, and the northern and eastern seaboards of Mindanao. Sea travel remains risky over these areas
• Storm surge of 1.0 to 2.0 meters may affect several coastal areas in southern Masbate, Aklan, Capiz, northern Antique, northeastern Iloilo, Romblon, Marinduque, and Mindoro Provinces, Calamian Islands and Cuyo Islands in the next 24 hours.
• Landfalls: Salcedo, Eastern Samar (4:45 PM yesterday); Tacloban City, Leyte (7:30 PM yesterday); Cabucgayan, Biliran (9:15 PM yesterday); Gigantes Islands, Carles, Iloilo (2:30 AM today).
• 24 Hour (Tomorrow morning): 215 km West Northwest of Coron, Palawan (13.0°N, 118.5°E)
• 48 Hour (Friday morning): 540 km West of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro (13.7°N, 116.2°E)
• 72 Hour (Saturday morning): 755 km West of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro (OUTSIDE PAR) (13.9°N, 114.2°E)
• 96 Hour (Sunday morning): 1,145 km West of Southern Luzon (OUTSIDE PAR) (14.1°N, 110.6°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WIND SIGNAL
TCWS #3 (121-170 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 18 hours)
Western Masbate (Milagros, Aroroy, Mandaon, Balud), Romblon, southern Oriental Mindoro (Roxas, Mansalay, Bulalacao, Bongabong, Bansud), southern Occidental Mindoro (Calintaan, Rizal, San Jose, Magsaysay, southern portion of Sablayan), and Calamian Islands (Busuanga, Coron, Culion),Capiz, Aklan, northern Antique (Caluya, Libertad, Pandan, Sebaste, Culasi, Tibiao, Barbaza, Laua-an), and northern Iloilo (Calinog, Bingawan, Passi City, San Enrique, San Rafael, Barotac Viejo, Ajuy, Lemery, Sara, Concepcion, San Dionisio, Batad, Estancia, Balasan, Carles)
TCWS #2 (61-120 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 24 hours)
Southern portion of Quezon (Macalelon, General Luna, Catanauan, Mulanay, San Narciso, San Andres, San Francisco), Marinduque, the rest of Oriental Mindoro, the rest of Occidental Mindoro including Lubang Island, Albay, Sorsogon, the rest of Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands, Cuyo Islands, and extreme northern portion of mainland Palawan (Linapacan, El Nido, Taytay, Araceli),Extreme northern Cebu including Bantayan Islands (Daanbantayan, Medellin, Bantayan, Sta. Fe, Madridejos, Bogo City, San Remigio, Tabogon, Tabuelan), the rest of Iloilo, the rest of Antique, Guimaras, and northern Negros Occidental (Valladolid, Pulupandan, Bago City, Murcia, San Carlos City, Salvador Benedicto, Bacolod City, Talisay, Silay City, Enrique B. Magalona, Victorias City, Manapla, Cadiz City, Sagay City, Escalante City, Toboso, Calatrava)
TCWS #1 (30-60 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 36 hours)
Bataan, Metro Manila, Rizal, Cavite, the rest of Quezon, Laguna, Batangas, Camarines Sur, Camarines Norte, Catanduanes, the rest northern mainland Palawan (Dumaran, San Vicente, Roxas), and Cagayancillo Islands,Northern Samar. Samar, Eastern Samar, Biliran, Leyte, Bohol, the rest of Cebu, the rest of Negros Occidental, and Negros Oriental.
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next Severe Weather Bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today.