Due strong winds and heavy rain brought by Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ), local chief executives and school administrators in Iloilo city and province have announced class suspensions on Friday, October 10, 2014.
Here are the rundown of announcements as made over the radio and posted in social media:
- Iloilo City: All levels in public and private schools, as announced by Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog.
- University of San Agustin: As per advise from the Office of the University President, classes and office work are suspended TODAY, 10 October 2014, until further notice. University Officials and personnel needed for the PAASCU Accredition are advised to report at the USA Basic Education Department. PAASCU Acreditation will go on as scheduled.
- Central Philippine University: No classes, no exams and no office today October 10, 2014. Final exams will resume on Monday. – Edwin Laruan over RMN Iloilo.
- West Visayas State University:
- Brilliant Montessori Learning Center: Due to the continuous rain and even flood in some areas, classes are suspended today. The Writing exam is now rescheduled to MONDAY, October 13th. We will push through with the final canvassing for the Mystic Masquerade 2014 this afternoon at 3pm.
Dr. Luis Sorolla has announced over RMN Iloilo that “classes in all campuses of West Visayas State University are suspended today.”
Towns with No Classes announcement:
- Passi City (Component City)
- Btc. Viejo
- Btc. Nuevo
- San Miguel
- Ajuy (Public only)
- Sta. Barbara
- San Joaquin
- San Enrique
Keep it here for more updates on class suspension this Friday.