SM Foundation Inc. (SMFI) believes that when one family member graduates from college, the scholar can help another sibling go to school and serve as the key to lift their family out of poverty. Thus, SM College Scholarship was started to help the youth reach their full potential and achieve their dreams.
SMFI is set to open its online application for its college scholarship program this year.
Aspiring SM scholars can get ready for the opening of the SM College Scholarship Program online application for SY 2020-2021, which will start October 15, 2019.
The SMFI College Scholarship program is aimed at extending assistance to poor but deserving high school students get a college education and build a better future for them and their families.
SM founder Henry Sy, Sr. believes that education is the best defense against poverty. SM Foundation provides college and technical-vocational scholarship grants as well as access to primary education through school buildings to help the youth achieve their dreams.
Benefits under SM Scholarship
SM College Scholars enjoy a choice of specialization in accounting, information technology, engineering and education. Those who will be accepted will have full tuition, monthly allowance, part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas breaks, exclusive job offers with the SM group upon graduation, and ther fun-filled activities and enrichment programs.
- Public high school graduate in the areas covered.
- Private high school graduates with DepEd voucher in areas covered.
- Completed junior high school from a public school
- General weighted average grade of at least 88% or its equivalent for Grade 12 – 1st semester.
- Total household income of at most P150,000 per year.
- Luzon: NCR, Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Sorsogon, Quezon, Rizal, Tarlac, Zambales
- Visayas: Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Negros Occidental
- Mindanao: Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotabato, Zamboanga del Sur
Courses Offered: BS in Computer Science, BS in Information Technology, BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering / BS in Electronics Engineering, BS in Computer Engineering, BS in Civil Engineering, BS in Electrical Engineering, BS in Mechanical Engineering, BS in Elementary Education, BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, General Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, English.
BS in Accountancy, BS in Accounting Technology, BS in Accounting Information Systems, BS in Internal Auditing, BS in Financial Management, BS in Management Accounting.
If you are interested and qualified, you may accomplish online application form with the following attachments: Parent’s or Guardian’s 2018 Income Tax Return / Certification of Non-Filing of Income / Certificate of Indigency, latest Grade 12 report card, Birth Certificate, 2×2 ID picture, and sketch of home to the nearest SM mall.
Again, the application will be online and it will be accessible [DIRECT LINK] starting October 15. The deadline will be on December 31, 2019.
For inquiries, aspirants can also contact the Education team at 857-0100 local 1688 / firstname.lastname@example.org.